Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Ubiquitous Notes

My 8th grade English teacher, Marshall Sanborn, offered a definition of "ubiquitous" which has stuck with me: "'Ubiquitous' is like manure on the farm-all over the place." And so are these Sunday notes: Florida kids are having more company. Lori's brothers, spouses, kids, have visited the Deerfield "Resort' which is just fine with the kids. Family is important to Lori and Jason. Lori is going to take her nephew Blake and his girlfriend on a cruise to Belize later this month. Lori's sister passed away several years ago and she takes an interest in Blake-the shared bond of a missing loved one and they see Threcie reflected in each other. Belize has been his dream. He is a good kid.

Oregon kids are going to Tahoe later this week. Cheryl's family reunion. Matt will cruise his Harley down and back as he has a shorter time frame. I hope they have a ball and will be safe! Matt was collecting steaks for the barbie when he called. When I ask how Audrey is he usually says "She is a riot."

I am tentatively planning a jaunt to Colorado near the weekend of the 16th. Brother Rich and Val and Donna, and cousin Ed and Tracey-details to be firmed up but an inviting idea.

Made a trip to town this afternoon. I needed a few things and Buster thought he was going to die if he didn't get a road trip. It has been a couple of days and if I so much as twitched he was up and at the door. With all the construction he starts out in his usual perch but soon the bumps make him think he needs to snuggle. It is about the only time he will snuggle without constant petting so I enjoy it. I ordered Liver for dinner-with an eye to share with him. Worked out well. I had earlier called Sue and Rasty-I hadn't been up there in awhile and was missing them-Sue needed a dozen eggs and I took dessert-Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream, chocolate cake, chocolate syrup...yum. Rasty had two so I was complimented. Sue had found me an Indian design pillbox to go in the pants pocket. It really is very nice and a good idea. We had a pleasant visit on a cool-after-a-shower evening. They had been ubiquitous today too: They started out to pick up the fleeces they entered in the fair and ended up in Thermopolis for late lunch. I can't recall the Little Wind River being so full this late in the year. It is very good to see. Sue's flower gardens have just been busy.