Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, July 30, 2007

The Hope of the Line

As the youngest male with the family surname, nephew Justin is the name bearer for our line. God save us! Seriously he is a treat. Brother Bob called while Rich and I were sitting on the porch. He was interested in a family artifact for his new home in Nebraska. Rich and I went on a search which led us to the bedroom furniture of our parents which resides in Justin's room (was this ever my room-many moons ago?) We did not find the artifact but did find an empty Budweiser long-neck bottle and a pair of lacy thong underpants. Justin came home from work to discover us plundering his space. Rich held up the contraband. "Oh, those are mine," Justin said without missing a beat. His sister Heather, above, was 17 when Justin was born-17 is his age now. Below, Justin carries on the tradition I started in 1948 of sabotaging as many family photographs as is humanly possible. The trick is to be subtle enough so that it is not noticed until the picture is developed. That way there is no yelling and no do-overs. His girlfriend, Emmy, at his side, seems to find him amusing-as we all do.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , , ,