Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Toad Going to Hit the Road

Prepping for a few days in Colorado-Denver and Evergreen. Cousin-fest again. I will probably get a few pictures. That is my intention anyway. I think getting away for a few days will be salutary. Chase the blahs away.

One discovery leads to another. The Bluetooth radio connection to my phone for keyboard and GPS had me seeking more information. I found some high-powered Bluetooth adapters for $12.00 apiece and am slowly building a complete network. The adapters slide into a USB port and soon one computer can talk to another one and to the phone, and so on. I have much to learn as there are different "services" that perform different functions. It is an easier way to network machines than a traditional LAN but it also seems to be less comprehensive and more intricate. It is a live and learn world. Now that they can talk, do they have anything to say?

I was just taking a walk and stopped to look closely at the neighbor's vintage Farmall tractor. What prompted the closer look was the hand crank for starting the engine. I looked for a plate but could not find one to tell me how old it is but I am guessing pre-1950. It is a fully functional piece of farm equipment-no air conditioning, cab, TV, but an elegant simplicity. I am sure it had pride of place at one time more than 50 years ago.