Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

We Are Climbing Jason's Ladder

The solar fan installation went well. From observation, it needs pretty direct sunlight but it is efficient when it has that. It should help. Moving to the front of the RV, liquid gasket was applied around the roof amber running lights. There was drip up there when the rains were heavy. Next, the TV anntenna will get some silicon lube. If time permits, a bead of caulking will reinforce the seam where the awning attaches to the RV.

An upsetting email from Therese: Rene's tumor is malignant and inoperable. Radiation and chemo commence on Friday. I try to maintain a glimmer of hope but it does not look good. Skype video calls with Andre and Nicole from their Montreal home. L-o-n-g Skype SMS chats with Jeanne. (about her reactions to the news). It makes me sad to hear this. Saying 74 years is a pretty good run is not as consoling when you are 67. It is our common fate, however, to depart this mortal coil (whatever in the Hell, that means-I am going to look it up.)