Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back on the Ranch

The Sandhill Cranes are back so Spring is about to. I have about 6 leaves budding out on my hardy currant bush. It is still all sand, tan and beige but hope is in the air.
Sue tried to convince me that this was my pup but I wasn't buying it. Failing that she said that the pup came with a bonus bum lamb. That didn't wash with me either. Been there, done that.
A name has been chosen: "Honey" for the honey color in the tips of her ears. Then too, she is sweet -most of the time. She and Buster are still "working it out." They spent a lot of time today thwarting each other. One would get in the way and make the other one bark. She is desperate for him to play and is pulling out all of her cute puppy tricks. I think he is catching a glimmer but it may never happen. I keep trying to keep him from making a big mistake. In two months she will probably be bigger than he is. They do pretty well but it is not settled. Fortunately she has no interest in sleeping on the bed-yet. So that is his special time. He is my boy.
Talked to Matt today. The Cage Fight went all right- he announced from a chair but he said he was done in by it. I can see why it was important to him. He gets the announcing fee and his company does the security at those testosterone fueled events. He is needing sleep more than anything.
Posted by Picasa