Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Putzing around in Paradise

The weather has been a duke's mixture- not always consistent with paradise but word from Wyoming mentions blizzards so we are content. The cough has been an annoyance and more-not sleeping very well but it is feeling like it is going away little by little. It hasn't really slowed me down a whole lot. After my plantings I was hoping to get new mulch and here came the ground crew and the tractor. I was so pleased and the red mulch makes my flowers stand out so nicely, that I helped them mulch four other lots and around ten trees. My little spade got a work out and so did I but it looks very nice. I have had several new neighbors but they were just overnighters. I will stroll around the park-maybe they use my adjacent lots for temporaries while spaces open up.

Paid the company bills today and had to get to a post office for new 39 cent postage and mailing. Discovered a branch next to my favorite Home Depot but it was "lines out the door." There was a fancy new vending machine in the lobby that did the trick though. Post Office, Home Depot, Albertson's all on the same parking lot and I even found my Albertson's saving card! All within a mile of home. I am set. The store is not very busy and looking at prices I can see why. But with planning and craftiness I can stretch the dollars. My goal is to not exceed monthly income- not counting the cost of travel to Florida. So far I am doing well even with the little splurges for flowers, hose, and little bits of hardware necessary for camping.

I got a Barnes and Noble Gift Card for Christmas and my ordered CD's arrived today and are already on my iPod. Read where Dick Cheney kicked the press corps off the airplane electric system to charge his iPod. I have news for him- my iPod is way cooler than his and has better songs. (Probably a lot of the same ones)