Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, March 25, 2005

Thar She Blows!

Tarnation, Queeg-Queeg, we are in the midst of a gale! This rest-stop is packed to the gills. The trip so far has been harrowing. 6:30 a.m just out of West Palm Beach a six car pile up in the inside lane right next to me. The darters were passing when they should have been watching. Some ding dong with PVC pipes sticking out of his boat trailer clipped my awning strut and swayed on down the road without a backward glance. Pretty nearly full highway both lanes and lots of construction. The highway was backed up several miles in the Southbound lane outside Port St. Lucie because a Van was on its top. I went through about 10 miles of stop and go because of "congestion from CR 400." There are signs along I-95 that say "Evacuation Route." Very apt because I about did four times!

Hard rain, big bolts of lightning. It is letting up a little. I may chance it. I would like to be in Georgia in time to catch the midnight train.

P.S. the Coastal RV guy was right about the roof needing to be resealed- unless the guy did some picking while he was up there.

Well I am a little calmer now, will try to see if we can make some headway, though the rain drops seem to be getting more intense again...will check the NOAA site.