Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Farewell, Sweet Prince, Farewell...

I will be leaving John Prince Campground today March 25. It has been a great stay in beautiful park. Saying goodby to the kids tonight at a farewell dinner at the Macaroni Grill was sweet and sad. Next year... or perhaps we will meet in Oregon. Saying goodby to my trusty Jeep: It has a good home and will be driven to Scuba diving occasionally. It will await my next Florida vacation.

It is time- it is a little hot for me-"unseasonably" (shouldn't that be unseasonally?- the weather folks don't think so) but where isn't the weather a little crazy these days? It has been a great run and I have learned a lot.

Spent an hour on the phone with Garmin and got the brains functioning. This technician was a peach.

The fan was installed and is a help- pretty fancy and powerful and pricey. Installers were genial and competent. The business owner is a good friend of the park superintendent who stopped by for a chat. He (Coastal RV Service guy) was just back from a trip to Holland with his Dutch wife and froze his patootie off. Told me I needed to seal my roof. ( eyes rolling in my head--I am sure he is right. more $$... but not too bad. Told me the stuff to use but I am not going on the roof of this baby on a bet. There are some things portly 61 year olds are not to do- that is one.)

Got the Jeep unloaded, and a lot of the stuff loaded. Just need to pull the plug and put away the TV dish, and we are off so I had better crash. Gave the dogs their first Valium installment so they have been resting just fine this evening. I looked at those little pills but said Naw, I don't need one.