Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Domestic Day at the Wildlife Refuge

Enjoying a cup of delicious green tea, (Thanks Janet!) and Lemon Cookies (Thanks Donna!) warmed by those good wishes and comforts while we Blog away. A camper pulled in tonight and said that the roads south were passable. The forecasts are a little more optimistic so we will be pulling out tomorrow, likely. The day was spent in domestic duties: all the dishes and pots scrubbed as they were loaded in haste and had been sitting. With clean crockery there was a need to dirty some up- so Chicken soup and Pasta Salad were made and stored in containers suitable for microwaving on at least 5 occasions.

Buster had cabin fever but had to do with three walks because the Goody girl wants to go too and she has difficulty getting up the stairs. I think it is mental because she works other stairs just fine. I am sure we are a sight. She gets her front paws on the second step then I lift her hind legs onto the first step, lift, and then she goes in accompanied by great praise and a dog biscuit reward. She is an aged lady and even if playing it up a little bit she will get her due from me.

Finally got all the accoutrements to the computer set up, installed and working.

Took a delicious nap with the patter of rain on the roof. Today was a diuretic day by design. Diuretics and driving are not a happy combination. The shoes are loose. Happy day.

Talked to Richard who told me the weather in Wyoming was beautiful and called my little baby boy Matthew who is having a birthday today. His mother, Eve and Cheryl's mother are in Medford so a dinner was thought to be in the offing. His greeting from me was penned in Denver and mailed by Donna-it should get there soon.

According to the Garmin we have driven 1044 miles averaging 54.1 mph and hit 72.9 mph though I can't think when that was! I laugh when I see a 75 mph Speed Limit sign. That is an aspiration, not a limit. Our elevation is 4535 feet. I will save the "track log." Those can be downloaded to the computer and the routes perused and the whole thing replayed. Which I like to do sometimes- it jogs the memory.

Got about halfway through the Satellite TV setup before the rain and dark made me quit. It is wondrously quiet. Listened to my CD's for awhile today (Thanks Manu, Charlene and Delores). The man I bought this rig from left some of his CD's in the 10 CD changer. Big Band, Glenn Miller, and Patsy Cline. Pleasant.

And this will close before you have a delicious nap of your own.