Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Reading the Tea Leaves

A gentle reader of some 50 years acquaintance emailed, ever so tactfully, that with three rants in rapid succession Mr. Crankypants might be having a blood sugar or blood pressure problem. Recognition was swift on this end. What with traveling and trying to avoid swollen ankles and legs, the BP meds were being neglected. Very rapid relief. Somewhat torpid, but the danger of blowing a gasket is much reduced. Thanks Bon. I feel like a four day old helium balloon but that will go away after a couple of days and good sleep.

Had email from New Brunswick, CA: Patsy and Joe are on their way south and made Lewiston, Maine on their first day. I hope they have some trick routes because they have major cities on I-95 all the way to Lake Worth.

The wind was absolutely fierce today. Things got moved that surprised me-things I regarded as too substantial to be blown about. I am glad the garbage left on a truck. But it is relatively warm.