Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Regular Day in Paradise

Yesterday I took the Jeep for some servicing-new brighter headlights , a new gas cap and filter and an attempt to fix the blinkers which will require a referral. Drat. Discovered Harvey's Trail Auto Repair last year and they treated me right so I returned. Ditto this year. Harvey is Harvey Stein who is a transplanted New Yorker and an open book. Great Stories and an NYC attitude. The entertainment is free. Of course one waits and a young man there asked me how high the lifts in the Jeep were. Dunno, it was that way when I bought it. He is also a Jeep fan. We visited and he is a helicopter pilot. He was to fly from Jupiter to the airport behind me yesterday and sure enough he did and buzzed me. That was cool.

The local propane company can't deliver to the park. So it would mean breaking camp to fill up and conservation is going to be key to lasting awhile so I trekked to Wally World for an electric frying pan and will save the stove gas until absolutely needed. My microwave is fancier than I have mastered with a convection oven as well so I should be fine even on the outside chance I feel a baking attack come on. (Fat chance- but who knows; I am surprised I am even in Florida.) Broke in the skillet with my own recipe for chicken-fried chicken. The pups were enthusiastic and it tasted good to me too.

Had a nice long shower tonight and a pleasant stroll back to the coach in the dusk. Have a new neighbor for a few days. He will move down the way later. He lost his wife in January and his coach is "preserved:" his wife's teddy bear collection is in the front window and a picture of his dog hangs in the back window. Spry older guy with a defribillator bump on his chest.

Lori called whilst I was in the midst of doggy doody duty with Buster. Will have to look in the morning to see if Goody was productive. Too much happening to watch. Fortunately I caught the Oprah episode a few years ago and have the protocol down: carry plastic baggies, turn them inside out, make the collection, turn it right side out and zip it up! Discard. (Last step is optional- I prefer to do it this way.) I always wonder what the dogs think, though! Upon returning Lori's call , they have been in the thick of painting etc., at the house and I will look in on her tomorrow. But she is getting excited. She is liking what she sees.