Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, March 14, 2005

Sunday and Monday

Sunday morning was spent with pictures and a few were sent. Wal-Mart on Old Boynton Beach Highway got a visit, the I Jeeped down to Jason and Lori's. Lori took a spill on Saturday and managed to bang herself up from stem to stern. She was napping so Jason and I enjoyed his views and watched the Water Cops pull people over for speeding. Then we went down to DelRay Beach for another al fresco dining experience at JB's. We knew it was Spring Break before we got within a mile. The traffic was jammed but we got into JB's. We had a breeze that was a mite chilly but the food was good. My kids and I like to order appetizers to sample many tastes. We had lollipop chicken wings, and spinach dip with tortilla chips before we went our separate ways on ordering (and sharing some more). I wanted to drive in the light as much as possible so I scooted. I do feel like I have my bearings now. I can find a lot of places and more importantly I can find the main arterials that will get me home or to Jason's.

Big week for company for them coming up so we have no plans for a few days. I just hope they can get some rest too. They blew their weekend entertaining the O.F. Not that they didn't have some fun too but it is not recharge time when you are charging.

Monday, I spent at home. I went to the office to take care of my bill for extending my time, took a walk around the park, tidied a bit, fought with the vacuum cleaners, had the air conditioner guys come for a consultation. It was hot and muggy today and keeping me and the doggies cool became the point of part of it. Took a siesta. Surfed the net. Got some and sent some Emails. Took some flower pictures for the neighbors, and some bird pictures for me. There are a lot of French speaking people here as well as other nationalities. Quite a few Canadians. Many people come year after year to their same spots.

See a better mix in these few days-old and young as the long-timers are coming to the end of their 100 days limit. The oldsters are pretty vigorous, I have to admit. Something to shoot for. I find the hunch in my back from shivering is relaxing and the warmth makes it easier to walk and do things.

Dinner was a Swanson's Turkey dinner, $1.50 and just the sort of thing to give my digestive tract an easy day. No tip, no tax. The doggies enjoyed my company and I theirs.